Aurora Borealis from Chena Hot Springs.

Aurora Borealis from Chena Hot Springs.
It was near to midnight and the sky was clear with subzero temperatures in fahrenheit, and this completed the "my day"

Monday, November 22, 2010

Recently, I have thought over my plans for the future. And pretty much went over the numerous things that I could do, sort of doing multiple scenarios of simulations inside my not-so-powerful brain.

As a background to why, it is because I am the tipping point of my career in life, my senior year in Purdue, choosing whether or not to follow my interest in renewable energy and learning, or to follow the industry route. Choosing a life of another 5 years of learning alone or finding a suitable partner with me to bring stateside, or just settling down and working to eventually getting married.

Problem is, I DO LIKE learning. I like them as challenges in my life, learning something new, putting value on knowledge earned and being satisfied overcoming the challenges that come with it. But then, learning would not benefit me if I were already given a position in the industry, in this desperate economic times. Then there is also the problem of choosing how far do I want to learn, masters or PhD? Dr. Muhammad Aizuddin Zulkifli does sound kinda weird but I can get used to it though.

And so...the conundrum of dilemma begins. Right now, my mind is set to pursue PhD (probably) while also taking on internships when available in between semesters so I can get the best of both worlds. And if possible, probably finding a life partner to help me along emotionally during my tenure in learning.

There are other things I will post, most likely later..of the problems I've been thinking of regarding the learning system, comparing why Purdue and not Malaysia, regarding my feelings towards certain recent directions Malaysia has taken, among others.

But now....now, is the time to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment