Aurora Borealis from Chena Hot Springs.

Aurora Borealis from Chena Hot Springs.
It was near to midnight and the sky was clear with subzero temperatures in fahrenheit, and this completed the "my day"

Monday, January 4, 2010

2010: Miami getaway

New year, new semester, new responsibilities, and all that..

I mean like...everything is coming a new, the cycle starts, repeating itself over and over again.

Sigh~
The past few days I fled from the snow and the chill and the frostiness of West Lafayette, to Miami, a very known hotspot for relaxing (and not to forget its nightlife, which I don't really care much about). The weather was fine throughout the week-holiday, with one day of rain that seemed kinda like the light rains back home in Malaysia. The temperature was about 26 to 30ish Celsius with some winds coming from the Atlantic, prime for just laying down by the beach and taking in the sights of the diverse New Year crowd.

I stayed at a hostel with a friend of mine, Danial from Penn State for all 7 days and we pretty much went to all the major attractions in and around Miami. South Beach, Everglades, and Key West. Not to go over each and every detail of the trip, I had a pretty good time in Miami, meeting other foreigners who chose to run away from the cold. Since I stayed in a mixed dorm bedroom I had my fair share of meeting with members of the opposite sex. There were Germans, Austrians, Australians and even Americans who came and went by the hostel.

It's funny that sometimes I feel that everybody comes and go at their own leisure, each minding their own business. It shocks me that they are very friendly, up to the point that in the New Year, the 5 people that stayed with me the night before (2 Austrians, maybe a couple, and a family of 3 Germans - a father, a daughter and a son) greeted me as they went to checkout to their next destination. Call me awkward or aloof, but I never expected such grace and courtesy from a person that I came to know for only a day.

And yeah, the German girl was pretty cute..sigh~

Anyway, back to the topic of Miami, the beach was sweet, the sand was alluring and the water was crystal clear.

Miami oh Miami, if not for thy beaches, I would not regard thee as such. Miami oh Miami...

No comments:

Post a Comment