Aurora Borealis from Chena Hot Springs.

Aurora Borealis from Chena Hot Springs.
It was near to midnight and the sky was clear with subzero temperatures in fahrenheit, and this completed the "my day"

Friday, January 8, 2010

A hint of foresight

January 2010.

At this moment, I only have 3 semesters left in beloved(?) West Lafayette till graduation. 3 semesters means about 2 Spring Breaks, 1 Fall Break, 1 Summer Holiday and 1 Winter Holiday left, which does mean I have to allocate money either for travel photography purposes or just keeping them in a safe somewhere to be used at a further date for my future post-graduate purposes.

Before leaving the states, I still have Grand Canyon to visit, some camera gear yet to obtain, pictures to print for display purposes, and souvenirs like probably Corelle or something to bring back later. Beyond that, I might need to start saving for the perfect someone that will complete my life and/or post-graduate studies if I were to choose/be granted for it.

I'm at the tipping point of my life where interests, responsibilities, sacrifices and the likes intersect, in the cross junction and in need of some push to one way or the other in order to start things off. Though I am hoping to achieve them all, I'd like nothing better than to hope at least one or more of them gets to be achieved, placing not much expectation than it deserves for not wanting to be disappointed in the future of such expectation.

I'm just hoping that once this all settles, I can achieve one of my dreams that I thought of whilst in Miami, of being a travelling photographer, living off of my photography to earn and travel.

It's a weird feeling. Graduation feels just around the corner, yet somehow, I feel that what I've learned so far feels so irrelevant to what I will be doing if I work in the industry. It kinda feels like what I'm learning is actually insufficient of the requirements in the real working environment. And in actuality, I am still unsure whether what I learned will be used in my future career at all, since electrical engineering itself is a big, BIG field of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment