Aurora Borealis from Chena Hot Springs.

Aurora Borealis from Chena Hot Springs.
It was near to midnight and the sky was clear with subzero temperatures in fahrenheit, and this completed the "my day"

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

2011 Chapter 2: Past and Present

It has been quite some time since my last post..probably ages ago. Any who, originally I had plans on what to write on during my contemplative trip to scenic Alaska. Seeing as how the final semester developed over the past few months (this post is actually written in April, as opposed to being originally drafted January), it has been quite hectic and I had not the mood to write nor to think about other stuff a lot.

About my past and present plans, there is not much to it. I was rejected for PhD admission, though partially my fault as to only applying at Purdue and nowhere else, hoping that Purdue will accept me again in favor of being familiar in the campus. Shell has yet to reach me about the SRD that happened way back in October of 2010, and I'm not actually thrilled with working in Malaysia since it's not as current as I want it to be, being plagued by stupid issues that matters not to the advancement of itself.

With my mini Chips Ahoy beside me costing $1.98 USD at the local Wal-Mart, I'm just enjoying my life a day at a time. I had issues in the past, and am still dealing with it in my conscience, but am happy to say that I am now okay with my issue with my former high school teacher. I've been contemplating on it too much perhaps, too much that it hurt me a lot than it probably should have, but now I am happy with the resolution that I had after reaching out to her on Facebook. I hope and pray all the best for her life and career, of which I had affected.

Sometimes, I've been thinking on this issue: Why does life matter?

Why does life matter, when you are the only one observing and understanding your own?

Maybe I'm influenced too much with documentation, but, in my opinion, a movie is only as interesting because of it being shown to the masses. Otherwise, the character's life being portrayed is dull and irrelevant to others. A movie or a film or a sequence of stills or photo stills have the power to show the subject's thoughts, life and character, as powerful as words in a novel or in a poem. I've had ideas before, but I've never had the chance of interesting people or subjects to fit my ideas. Or maybe it is my lack of initiative.

Hopefully, in this 40 days leading to my leaving the states, or 5 weeks prior to returning to Malaysia, I can recap the moments that I had from INTEC to undergraduate graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment